Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Skeg shape

Just came back from an overnight trip to England so I am a bit knackered.

My skeg template did not fit as intended so I decided to draw up the skeg from the actual boat. First I drew the bottom shape of the skeg onto a plank.


Then I placed the "skeg" plank on the boat and propped the ends up with 35 mm supports.


I drilled a pen-sized hole 35 mm from the end of a piece of wood.


And drew the upper skeg shape parallell with the hull.


After this I washed of the amine blush, sanded and cleaned the hull for the final (?) coat of epoxy. I however noted a few spots where the epoxy was still a little "soggy", maybe it was too cold in the garage while I was away. I have now cranked up the heat and hopefully I can coat tomorrow.

Time today: 2h

No comments:

Post a Comment