Monday, July 14, 2014

Reporting the week

We have had a week of fabulous weather so I have had time to do a lot of sailing. Unfortunately works prevented me from spending the whole week on the water. So I did shorter evening sails on the weekdays and slightly longer during the weekend. Have been practising balancing Xiao Feng so that she can steer herselves and unless there are not too much waves and the wind stays reasonably constant it works quite nice.

I also figured out how to get the GPS plots out of the box and into Google maps, below you can see the track of the two days when I brought the GPS.

Trip Saturday a week ago, featured in my last blog post

This Saturdays trip, the yellow star mark the location of my house

I have also changed the mooring arrangement so that I do not need to walk across the fore deck when climbing onboard. I have added a very long mooring line to the bouy so that I can pull her in along side the quay and then just pull her out to the bouy.

The new aft mooring line that let's me pull the stern in and out.

And finally some pictures from our trips, it is difficult to get good pictures from 'new' angles when you need to sail the boat as well. I am pondering some sort of camera attachment to the mizzen so that I can shoot some video....









Saturday, July 5, 2014

At the mooring

I am planning to sail most days next week (if the weather allows), so today after my Saturday sail I left her at the mooring. She is a bit tippy when standing on the bow getting on and of but I guess I will get used to that as well.


Sailed to a island about 4 nm away, dropped the hook in a small bay and had lunch. Excellent weather today sunny and a nice 4-6 knots of wind. Brought my GPS today and we averaged 3 knots with a top speed of 5.5 knots, nice!



Sunday, June 15, 2014

Tent n such

Finalized the tent today and managed to set it up from inside the boat (on land). I hope to try it out for real in a few weeks if we get nice weather on my weekend off. Finally I made some mooring lines. A really nice day today so we had to go to the beach as well.

Setting up the tent

Almost done, sweaty and grumpy

Mooring lines



Sunday, May 18, 2014

Galley box mockup

Did a quick cardboard mockup of my future galley box. I need to get all the contents before I comitt to wood, so I can decide the final size. Also I need to come up,with a cleaver way of securing it to the boat.

Closed

Open



Sunday, May 11, 2014

Tent approaching completion


It has been a bad week for boating, lots of rain and I had to go to Germany for a few days. When I got back Mom had made me two pouches that attach to the turn buttons along the gunwale.

One for bottles

And one with a lid

My plan was to finish the tent today, however it turns out some adjustment will be needed, especially starboard aft where I could not reach the final turn button. I must have been confused when I took the measurements, so now I will have to add some more fabric or cut it back to the next button, whichever will be easier.


All in all I am quite happy with how it turned out.

Outside

Inside, will add doors and mosquito netting to the ends.




Saturday, May 3, 2014

Full scale tent

My Mother is visiting so it was time to bring out the old Singer and fix the tent. I have not been able to find tent poles so we used high pressure hoses and duct tape as tent hoops, they are a good substitute but I think I will get proper tent poles since they are easier to stow.

Setting up the ridge line and hoops.

The drawing

The first fitting

We sort of made the design up while we stitched it, so there are many modifications needed before it is done, now we call it a day and retire to the Gin & Tonic.

(I have figured out how to fix the picture size.....!!!!)