Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Tuesday, November 29, 2011
As I now have started to build the boat properly I will try to keep track of the time spent a bit more in detail. So far I assume I have spent around 10-15 hours getting organised and putting together the building jig.
Time today: 2 h
Monday, November 28, 2011
I was pleasantly surprised to see that it was also level! (enough for my purposes)
I was so happy that I had to get a little reward, as you might see in the middle picture.
The rest of the evening was spent on sorting an marking the solid timber, so that I can find the right pieces easily.
Sunday, November 27, 2011
It turned out a bit bigger than expected, 0.75 (without the castors) x 0.6 x 4.3 m. Built from 9 mm ply, 40 x 40 timber, snot glue and screws. I am guessing the weight is around 50 kg. A challenge for tomorrow.....
Saturday, November 26, 2011
Friday, November 25, 2011
Thursday, November 24, 2011
Tuesday, November 22, 2011
Monday, November 21, 2011
For the second joint I decided to screw the plywood to the workbench to get a tighter join (you can see one of the screws in the picture), and a few buckets of water on top just in case.
Again sorry for the picture quality it is actually a lot brighter in reality than what it looks in the pictures. In addition to the 60W bulb in the ceiling I have three 150W spotlights. I will keep blaming my phone camera (if anyone has any good tips I will listen).