Sunday, August 18, 2013
Wednesday, August 14, 2013
I was planning to put a net across the cargo compartment under the foredeck, to keep all my gear in the boat in case of a capsize. But as I had some canvass left from making the cover I decided to use this instead. So this is what I did:
Drew the shape on the fabric
Cut it out
Hemmed the edges and added brass eyelets
Installed it in the boat using hooks and bungy cord (in the picture you can also see that I use the main downhaul as the centerboard uphaul)
Saturday, August 10, 2013
Wednesday, August 7, 2013
- She is really fast!!!!
- She is very responsive and fun!!
- The centreboard cap really need a seal! I had to bilge the boat a few times.
- I need to shorten the connection slings for the halyard and downhaul, the way it is now I cannot tighten the downhaul enough. (See pics)
- I need to tighten the out haul on the boom and yard. (See pics)
- Make sure everything is attached (I lost the rudder up haul in the water)
- Keep the push-pull stick in the boat. (She was steering herself nicely so I let go and it fell in the water and ended up trailing the boat pointing aft, a bit of acrobatics on the aft deck to retrieve it ;).
All in all GREAT!