Friday, September 23, 2011

I have an empty garage…..



I have for a long time wanted to build a small boat for day sailing and the occasional camping trip. This year a found myself with a garage that can fit a 15’ boat and some unplanned spare time, when in addition I was given a boat building course for my 40th birthday there was no longer any excuse. I had to build a boat.

After a lot of searching the web I have decided to build John Welsford’s Walkabout design.

In this blog I will try to document my build, partly for me but I also thought is may serve as a useful reference for other builders, I will also try to document how much time and money I spend on the build.

And by the way I need to be finished before next summer……

...wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck Anders. You have chosen an excellent boat. I had the opportunity to see one up close at Port Townsend last September. It was beautiful. An excellent boat for rowing and sailing. Thanks for sharing your project with us with your blog. Looking forward to watching her progress.
    -Joel

    ReplyDelete