Friday, July 6, 2012

All over the place

There is just so many things to do that I am not really sure what I am doing, but I will try to give an overview of the day.

Applied another coat of epoxy before going to work. When I got back home I marked out and cut the deck for the aft buoyancy compartment.


Far from perfect, I will have to fit filler pieces towards the planking close to the bulkhead

Drilled the bolt holes in the rudder stock cheek pieces and the cap for the center board pin.


Cut out the mast steps from a chunk of oak, really tricky, angles all over the place. I had to scrap my first version of the mizzen step since I forgot that the mizzen should be stepped at an angle.

Main mast step

First version of the mizzen step, now fire wood

Second version of mizzen step

Drilled the drain holes by clamping the two pieces together, my drill was not very sharp so I generated a lot of smoke

Not really sure how I will make the square cut-out for the masts, tried closely spaced holes but I still need to cut between them and I do not know how.... pictures tomorrow (or some other day... Edited 2012-07-12).

Had to open the garage door to ventilate the smoke and took the opportunity to take a picture

Time today: 3.5h

No comments:

Post a Comment