Saturday, May 12, 2012

Glassing the bottom

The day started of with sanding again, after about 1.5h the hull was as smooth as a babys bottom.... Then I decided to make a new outer stem, the one I have just does not fit properly so I made a cardboard template from the actual stem.

Working on the template

Old stem and new template

The lamination was done the same way as the other day so no pictures of that. The next job was to cut the glass fibre mat into the correct size.

Mat cut oversized and ready for epoxy

Then I epoxied the glass fibre to the bottom.

Glass mat in place, in a few hours I will trim the edge

Time today: 5h

No comments:

Post a Comment