Saturday, May 19, 2012

Stem n stuff

Removed the outer stem from the boat, since it was only four veneers there was some springback (22 mm) that I need to compensate for before glueing on the other layers.

I placed the stem on the table and fixated the upper end with two "L" brackets, then I bent the lower end 22 mm tighter than the natural curve and fixed it with another "L" bracket. This should give me the correct shape (third time I have said that....). Finally I glued on the other eleven veneers.


I also faired over the glass edge along the first lap, but as the glass was not wide enough to cover the bottom and garboard I had to fair a slightly larger area around midship.

Glass edge faired, close to the centre board slot you can see where I had to increase the fairing since the glass did not reach the lap

Close up

One (or maybe two) more coats of epoxy to fill the weave properly.

Time today: 1.5h

No comments:

Post a Comment