The finished plank
I tried first to dry fit the plank but even without the epoxy lubricant I had some problems to get it in place. The only way I could do it was to attach one end roughly in place and then clamp the rest where it was supposed to be. Packing tape became my second hand....
I taped up the aft end ....
... then I could get a midship clamp at the right place and one at the stem. After this is should be easy to get the screws in.
Port side in place
I measured the plank and found I could cut back a little (most of it actually) on the scarfs and still have a long enough plank.
I put a small wedge of wood in the "scarf" gap so that the glue does not have to carry all the load.
Starboard second plank in place!
Butt block in place
So for the rest of the planks I will try to make the scarfs on the boat instead of the work bench to avoid having to juggle a full length plank. If I cannot get the scarfs to work I will just butt the planks (getting good at this....).
Time today: 3.5h