Sunday, February 26, 2012

The other side

Glued the sb garboard today, it went on much easier than the port perhaps practice helps...


After the glueing I needed to fix the mistake from yesterday, the butt joint doubler that was fitted with the packing tape on the wrong side. Chisel, sander and epoxy filler will make it all good again.

After ripping the doubler off

After chiseling, I damaged the planking a little

After sanding

After filling the chisel scratches and screw holes

The car wax worked fine, I must have had at least 30 screws in the plank and only one broke, and that was the screw in the butt doubler (again a stupid mistake since I ripped the doubler off before removing the screws..). Unfortunately it did not break inside the ply but rather sticking out quite a bit so I will have to dig it out somehow. Anyhow the wax has proved it-selves so I will continue with that.

The broken screw. I will drill or chisel it out after turning the boat



Time today: 3h

3 comments:

  1. You might try using a pair of Vise-Grips to remove that screw. Worst case, you haven't lost anything, best case you have saved yourself a LOT of headache. Don't ask me how I know this. ;)

    Best of luck!
    Wayne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Wayne, I will give it a try.

    /Anders

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wayne, thanks for the tip it worked like a charm!

    http://anemptygarage.blogspot.com/2012/03/back-to-planking.html

    /Anders

    ReplyDelete