Friday, January 20, 2012

Cutting stringer

The center board glueing was a disaster, I should have had the ply on top, as it turned out now I did not get a good adhesion at the edges. Well I will have to deal with this over the weekend....

Did the end fitting of the sheer stringer today, started in the forward end by cutting the bevel in the stem using a saw, chisel and a rabet plane.

After the chisel


Testing the fit of the stringer

I do not know of any good/controlled way of cutting the stringers at the right angle, so I just did it by eye. I need to check my boat building literature to see if there is a better way.

Both bevels cut

Stringers screwed in place

Then I went on to do the aft end, this was actually more tricky since I need them to fit to the transom as is, no possibility to adjust the transom.

Sheer stringer fitted to transom

I will wait to glue them in until tomorrow to make sure the stringers are dry enough for the epoxy.

Did some other odd jobs that I should have done earlier such as sanding squeezed out epoxy etc.

Time today: 1.5h

No comments:

Post a Comment