View from the living room
Today I focused on getting the center board case glued in. The first job was to modify it slightly so that the frames would fit as well.
Cutting back the case log for frame #5
Then it was time for glue.
From port. The timber pieces in the case is just to make sure that the ply keeps straight.
While waiting for the glue to dry I decided to make a new work table. I am a bit fed up with ply sheets on saw horses as it never gets stable enough. I built quite a simple table but it is very solid. The basis was some table legs from IKEA (Vika Lilleby). To these I screwed a piece of ply.
Then I screwed together the table top from a few planks.
I flipped it over and drilled through the table top and the ply sheets. Final step was to bolt the table top to the legs.
The finished table
Time today: 2h (plus another 1.5 to build the table)